Turn plastic into roads
MacRebur takes non-recyclable waste that was destined for landfill or incineration, and mixes it with asphalt to extend and enhance the binder.
In the UK, more than 60% of all the plastic we use is ending up in landfill, incinerated, or in our environment and oceans.Source
- Extending bitumen (the binder) reduces fossil fuel use and lowers the carbon footprint
- Gives plastic a second life
- Meets road standards in a number of different countries
- Does not encourage a reduction in plastic use
- Cannot be used again after this use
Making a difference
1 tonne of MacRebur mix contains the equivalent of 80,000 plastic bottles.