Swap paper towels for fabric
Reduce plastic in your kitchen by swapping to reusable fabric towels. Paper towels are usually packaged in plastic wrapping and have additional environmental impact. To create them, there is logging, large polluting trucks and factories, as well as chemical treatment of the towels. Switching will also save you money.
Approximately 36% of all plastics produced are used in packaging, approximately 85% ends up in landfills or as unregulated waste.Source
- Removes the need for plastic wrapped roll purchases
- Fully reusable so reduces water pollution and deforestation impacts of disposable alternatives
- Easy to wash and reuse at home
- More upfront investment, but cost-effective over a period of time
- Fabric choice is important because some fabrics will shed plastic microfibres
Making a difference
If every household bought one less roll, we’d save 423,900 trees.