Support a processing ship
The SeaCleaners NGO is working on a pioneering solution for the collection and recovery of floating plastic macro-waste : the Manta, an innovative ship equipped with an onboard plant, which will be launched in 2025. Corporates can support their work through financial, in-kind and skills-based partnerships.
An estimated 9.8 million metric tons of macroplastics were leaked to oceans in 2016.Source
- Can operate for up to 20 hours a day, 7 days a week.
- Hosts scientific expeditions
- 90% of floating macro waste captured will be processed at sea, and will power the boat and scientific equipment
- Labs and an educational space
- Only works for macroplastic debris, so microplastics need to be tackled differently
- Will not officially launch until 2025, but lots of work already in process
Making a difference
The Manta can collect between 1 to 3 tonnes of waste per hour.