Store food in glass containers
Food is often stored in plastic in the home - from fridge items to cupboard stables. However, a more traditional method of storage is having a comeback - glass is a great way to reduce plastic use in your house and eliminate the risk of toxic transfer as the plastic containers age.
Every week, 1.3 million single-use plastic cups and 3 million SUP food containers are thrown away in Northern Ireland.Source
- Glass does not absorb or leach chemicals in the same way plastic does
- Makes your kitchen look lovely
- Easily adaptable to store different food types
- Easy to clean
- May not work for all food storage situations.
- Depending on where you source your containers, could have an upfront cost
Making a difference
Glass can be reused indefinitely and can be 100% recycled at the end of its life.