Recycle your contact lenses and packaging
Recycling your contact lenses has become accepted practice and companies are making it really easy – by encouraging you to leave at drop-off points or even post for free to them!
Currently there are more than 45 million contact lens wearers in the United States. As of 2018, 35% to 46% of all patients wear daily disposable contact lenses.Source
- Easy and convenient if you have a local drop off point
- Recycled contact lenses are turned into plastic pellets, which can be used to create things like furniture
- Organisations earn credits for being a collection point
- Not all collections include the additional packaging that comes with the lenses
- You need to find a recycling location near or suitable to you
Making a difference
There is an existing network of over 1000 collection points in Boots Opticians and Independent Optician practices throughout the UK where you can drop off your waste.