Pack plastic wrappers into bottles to create building blocks
An Ecobrick is a reusable building block created by packing clean and dry used plastic into a plastic bottle to a set density. Ecobricks can make modular units, furniture, and earthen gardens and structures. The Global Ecobrick Alliance promotes ecobricking as a collaboration powered technology, grounded in regenerative principles.
In the UK, more than 60% of all the plastic we use is ending up in landfill, incinerated, or in our environment and oceans.Source
- Easy for everyone to take part
- Gives single-use plastic a second life
- Does not encourage reducing purchase and use of single-use plastic
- May not be a successful long-term building material
- Long-term will have to be disposed of
Making a difference
By the end of 2019, 20,000 kg of plastic has been converted into 58,221 Ecobricks.