Lead your town in becoming plastic free
Surfers Against Sewage are creating the Plastic Free Community network to free the places we live from single-use. Tackling avoidable single-use plastic, from the beach all the way back to the brands and businesses who create it.
There was 320,000,000 tonnes of plastic generated globally in 2016. This is set to double by 2034Source
- Tailored advice available for individuals and businesses
- Free toolkit to help you create change
- Join a community of leaders
- Identify others working locally to you
- Creating large-scale change is hard work and may take some time to achieve
- To become an official Plastic-Free Communities leader, you must sign the Surfers Against Sewage Leader's Agreement
Making a difference
There are over 600 community leaders across the UK working hard to achieve Plastic Free status in their villages, towns and cities.