Implement a plastic ban on single-use plastic
Many single-use plastic items including plastic bags, straws, cutlery, to-go food packaging among others have been banned all around the world. While COVID-19 has slowed down the enforcement of many of these regulations, on PlasticBagLaws.org you can track different laws that have been implemented around the world and access tools and resources to inform your own ban!
We are producing over 300 million tons of plastic every year, 50% of which is for single-use purposes.Source
- Amazing resource to check progress tackling single-use plastic worldwide
- Can help identify gaps where work can be done
- Can be used as an educational resource
- Provides evidence that bans can be successfully implemented
- Requires input from the community to keep up to date - you can help by emailing in your info
- Instigatating a ban takes time and a lot of energy
- Requires 'buy in' from decision makers
Making a difference
In 2020, China – the country producing the most single-use plastic – has announced a five year plan to phase out single-use plastic items.