Choose cups made from recycled paper
Most paper takeaway cups are made from virgin paperboard with a laminated plastic liner, making them difficult to recycle. Frugalpac has created the Frugal Cup made from 96% recycled paper – designed so the paper outer and plastic liner can be separated from each other and be recycled again.
Of the 2.5 billion cups used annually in the UK, only 1 in 400 get recycled.Source
- Designed so the plastic liner easily separates from the paper cup before the recycling process
- The paper part is widely recycled – in home and commercial recycling
- Has a carbon footprint of up to 60% lower than other cups
- Products still contain virgin plastic
- Consumers need clear instructions to separate the layers
- The liner may not be able to be recycled through all recycling channels
- Does not tackle single-use cup use
Making a difference
By replacing plastic and glass with recycled paperboard and recyclable lining, Frugalpac's products help reduce each products carbon footprint by up to 84%.