Buy second-hand clothes
With the millions of tons on garments ending up in landfill every year, opting for second-hand clothing rather than using raw materials helps reduce the environmental impact of your wardrobe - and feels like a fun treasure hunt!
The fashion industry produces and sells somewhere between 80 billion and 150 billion garments a year globally.
- Reduces the number of textiles ending up in landfill
- Reduces the water waste and chemical pollution associated with fashion production methods
- Saves money - second-hand is often cheaper
- Research has shown older synthetic clothes may shed more microfibres
- You can't always find something specific
Making a difference
If everyone bought just one used item in a year, it would save 449 million lbs of textile waste.