Wear plant-based swimsuits
Ocean lovers are activists at heart, and can now wear sustainable swimwear products that reflect that attitude. Brands like Slo Active make ocean wear out of plant-based neoprene, while also planting a tree for each piece made to offset carbon emissions.
Approximately 60% of clothing items are made out of synthetic fibresSource
- Using a plant-based alternative to neoprene removes microfibres from the swimwear that can shed into the ocean
- The manufacturing process has less CO2 emissions and uses less water
- With every purchase made, a tree is planted and a donation goes to an ocean charity of your choice
- Limited styles to choose from
- More expensive than mainstream swimwear
Making a difference
Replacing neoprene with Yulex reduces CO2 emissions by up to 75% in our manufacturing process and also made uses a solution based dye, saving 30-50 litres of water per suit.