Use AI to help waste management
In Indonesia, Gringgo developed several apps to help aid waste management. One has AI built in, where waste workers will be able to take a photo of trash, and through image recognition identify the items and their associated value. Another helps them optimise waste collection routes.
Only 9% of plastics ever made have been recycled.Source
- Educates waste workers about the market value of materials
- Optimises collection routes
- Boost recycling rates through an understanding of the materials
- Connects the public with local waste management services
- Only currently available in Indonesia
- Requires a smartphone
Making a difference
The Gringgo team expects to increase monthly income for the informal waste collectors and the total amount of waste materials being recycled by at least 30%.