Use 3D printing to repurpose plastic
Take matters into your own hands by creating DIY 3D printing stations that turn plastic waste into 3D filaments that can be used to create anything from jars to stools and shelves
83% of Britons say that more needs to be done to encourage recycling in the UK, with only 12% saying they think they get all the help they need to make sure their waste is reused.Source
- Community centers have a number of different molds to create a wide range of products
- Is particularly beneficial for areas where there is a lot of waste plastic that is not being processed through traditional waste management channels
- Can become a source of income through the recycled plastic or created products
- Not every type of plastic can be recycled using the Precious Plastic machines. They only recommend HDPE (#2), PP (#5), and PS (#6).
- You can only recycle plastic so many times before it loses some of its positive properties
Making a difference
Around 1,000 people, groups and organisation are working with Precious Plastic machines and knowledge around the world.