Try Plastic Free Gardening
As gardeners, we are surrounded by plastic with nearly every item we use when growing our own. Whether it be seed trays, plant pots, compost bags, plastic labels, plastic cloches, propagators and all other GYO accessories. Get tips from a blogger and vlogger who is going plastic free!
It’s estimated that 500 million plant pots and seed trays are sold in the UK every year.Source
- Reduce your garden plastic footprint dramatically
- Avoid potential toxics entering your soil and vegetables
- Information is in blogs and also video format
- You will need to compromise on some items
- Alternatives can be more expensive
Making a difference
83% of respondents to a survey by BBC Gardeners World said they are trying to use less plastic in the garden.