Track products through their full lifecycle
The leading Internet of Things platform in fashion retail, Eon powers Connected Products. They have developed the CircularID™ Protocol, which gives each product a digital identity. This can then be used to store and share information that a brand wants to make accessible to existing customers, resellers, new owners and recyclers. This can include material, carbon footprint, information about the supply chain or anything else!
85% of all textiles go to the dump each year.Source
- Helps companies track their product throughout its lifecycle
- Enables better recycling through sharing of material makeup
- Encourages a continued relationship with customers and allows targeted marketing
- Can be updated at any time with additional information
- Requires a deeper knowledge of products and supply chain to share useful information
- Requires education of stakeholders within the full fashion chain
- To make the biggest impact, a shared language for connected products should be used, so it is easy for data to be shared and compared – no matter the brand or the user
Making a difference
The potential profits from businesses adopting circular economy models could decrease costs by 20 percent, along with waste.