Switch to reusable nappies
Reusable nappies are a reworked traditional solution to reducing plastic waste. Modern versions are available in a variety of materials, including cotton, bamboo, microfibre and hemp.
The average baby will get through over 5000 disposable nappies in their first 2-3 years.
- Saves money
- Lots of options to suit allergies and different shapes and sizes
- Like most children's items, you can source these second hand
- Upfront investment (especially if you don't know which type will suit your child)
- Washing and drying nappies increase carbon emissions
- Adds another chore for already busy parents
Making a difference
Swapping out just one nappy a day will stop 365 nappies going into landfill in a year, and over 1000 by the time your baby is out of nappies.