Switch to ‘Leave No Trace’ packaging
In a partnership with Aquapak, sustainable outerwear brand Finisterre introduced the Leave No Trace bags for product packaging; water soluble, biodegradable and breaking down harmlessly into non-toxic biomass in soil and sea, should it escape into the environment.
Between one to five trillion plastic bags are consumed worldwide each year. Five trillion is 10 million bags a minute.Source
- Dissolves in boiling water and is compostable
- Non-toxic to marine species – breaks down into water, carbon dioxide and ‘mineralised biomass’
- The ink used on the bag is non-toxic and food-safe
- Protects clothing products during shipping and storage
- Bags are made using Polyvinylalcohol (PVOH), which is still a polymer but this material is hydrophilic (i.e. it degrades in water).
- Production of bags will still have an impact, compared to not using a bag at all
Making a difference
Leave No Trace Bags break down quickly and harmlessly in water temperatures above 70ºC. This bag will biodegrade in landfill.