Switch to a reusable period cup
Period cups are a healthy and convenient alternative to tampons and pads, which saves you money as well as reducing period waste too.
27,938 used tampons and applicators collected on our world's beaches on a single daySource
- Reduces period waste
- Saves money because one mooncup can be used for years
- Holds three times more than a regular tampon
- Mooncups are made from medical-grade silicone, so it doesn't dry you up
- You don't get fibres left behind, which can happen with tampon use
- It is sometimes difficult to clean these in public toilets – it is recommended to bring a bottle of water in the toilet with you and give it a more thorough wash at home.
- Different individuals need different shaped cups / different sizes. You might need to try a couple before you find the right fit
Making a difference
Switching to a mooncup replaces the 11,000 disposable sanitary products used in our lifetime.