Set up an online petition
Online petitions are a great way to gather momentum behind your cause. There are a number of websites that can host them and lots of advice online on how to create the biggest impact.
83% of British citizens says businesses are not doing enough to tackle plastic pollution, while 74% feel the same regarding the government.Source
- Easy and inexpensive to set up
- Raises awareness in your community (and beyond!)
- Simple for individuals to show their support
- Usually requires targeting a specific decision maker to be successful
- Requires promotion and sharing to create momentum
- Should have a follow up plan for after you reach your goal
Making a difference
In the UK, if a petition gets 100,000 signatures, it will be considered for debate in Parliament.