Run a SHiFT Workshop
From understanding the plastic problem, exploring different solutions from sea to source and identifying opportunities to take action, SHiFT Workshops are designed to help people find their role in solving marine plastic pollution. Developed by ocean advocate and eXXpedition co-founder Emily Penn, these workshops are a great interactive activity to engage students, athletes, or different departments of your company around the causes of and solutions to plastic pollution.
80% of plastic waste come from land, and we need to develop solutions upstream to turn off the plastic tap.Source
- Low cost to start
- Helps individuals identify how they can use their own skills to tackle plastic pollution
- Engages groups in the range of solutions available
- Works with everyone from kids to government ministers
- A good knowledge of the solutions available makes this a more effective tool
- Very large groups benefit from multiple facilitators
Making a difference
Ocean Advocate Emily Penn has hosted hundreds of SHiFT Workshops around the world with business leaders, celebrities, the US and British Olympic sailing teams, and students, among others.