Replace plastic packaging with cardboard
Swapping plastic packaging for a cardboard alternative is a simple way to reduce the single-use plastic that you send into the world.
32% of the 78 million tons of plastic packaging produced annually is left to flow into our oceans.Source
- Cardboard can be recycled or will biodegrade
- It is a flexible and durable material that can be shaped to match your product
- Relatively lightweight
- Cardboard can have its own environmental impacts - look at responsible sourcing and transportation impacts
- Recycling is dependent on local waste management systems
- May require some creative design to fit your product
Making a difference
Corrugated cardboard has a recycling rate of around 84% in the UK, the highest of any type of packaging.