Reduce disposable packaging in food service
ReThink Disposable, a programme from Clean Water Action and Clean Water Fund, prevents waste before it starts by working with local governments, businesses and institutions, and consumers to minimize single use disposable packaging in food service to conserve resources, prevent waste and ocean litter pollution.
Disposable food and beverage packaging makes up 67% of litter in commercial streets.Source
- Certification available for businesses
- Use case studies to inspire organisations to implement change
- ReThink Disposable provide materials and support for community outreach
- They support local jurisdictions in creating policy change
- Downloadable resources available for free
- Based in the USA, but case studies could be applied anywhere
Making a difference
11 Subway restaurants implementing ReThink Disposable's recommended practices are preventing the use of 305,125 disposable items and 4,367 pounds of waste annually.