Make your company plastic-neutral
The Plastic Bank works with companies to offset their plastic footprint. To become plastic positive, companies help fund the collecting and recycling of plastic in an amount that is equal to what was used to produce a product.
Globally, the world produces over 390 million tonnes of plastic per year, the equivalent weight of all humans on earth.Source
- Creates jobs paid above the market rate in developing communities
- Gives waste plastic a second life
- 'Social plastic' is fully traceable through the supply chain
- Does not tackle whether plastic should be used at all
- The end product will still need traditional disposal unless designed otherwise
- Compared to the usual market rates, 'Social plastic' is more expensive
Making a difference
When you go Plastic Positive, you invest in the purchase of Social Plastic Collection Credits (SPCC). Each SPCC guarantees the recovery of 1 kilogram of ocean-bound plastic.