Grow your own food
The surest way to avoid food packaging is growing some, if not all, of your own food in a sustainable way. It's also a great way to connect to your natural environment, and can be a social family or community activity.
Can eliminate up to 100% post-production food packagingSource
- Eliminate 100% post-production food packaging
- Reduces negative political, social, environmental, economic impacts of industrial agriculture, which includes food waste, chemicals, animal suffering and carbon emissions
- Improves soil health, seed diversity, pollinator health and human health
- Tastes better!
- Significant initial investment
- Requires skills, space, time and constant maintenance
- May not feed a family
Making a difference
Eliminates up to 100% post-production food packaging.