Eat at an ocean friendly restaurant
Surfrider's Ocean Friendly Restaurants accreditation can give you confidence that the restaurant is committed to making sustainable choices for our oceans. This includes plastic requirements, as detailed on the website, but also wider sustainability initiatives.
1.3 million tonnes of packaging are discarded per year by the UK Hospitality and Food Sector.Source
- Support a restaurant committed to making positive changes around plastic use
- The guidelines can help restaurants see where they can make change
- To certify, they must follow strict guidelines around single-use items
- Most of the plastic use targeted is front of house
- Additional sustainability measures around water and responsible sourcing are optional
Making a difference
652 restaurants across America have been certified as "Ocean Friendly" by Surfrider.