Design products with circularity in mind
The choices in design and materials used in a product aren't just aesthetic – they also inform the environmental impact of each product. Nike's Circular Design Workbook gives designers and creative directors 10 principles to question and innovate at every stage of the design process.
The number of garments purchased each year by the average consumer increased by 60% since 2000.Source
- Keeps valuable materials in use for longer
- Once implemented, can reduce business costs
- Encourages an innovation culture
- Can be expensive to implement
- Can require a culture change within the organisation
Making a difference
Nike's Circular Design Workbook offers sustainable guidelines available for free to all designers around the world.