Cook instead of ordering in
Shopping zero-waste and choosing to cook meals at home makes it easier to reduce or eliminate plastic food packaging that is ubiquitous with on-the-go, takeaway and delivery meals. And it helps save money too!
Billions of food containers and utensils are thrown away every year in the UK.Source
- Helps reduce plastic waste
- Is typically more affordable than ordering out regularly
- It can be fun to experiment new recipes and try different meals
- Can be time consuming
- Requires washing up dishes, pans and utensils afterwards
- Many ingredients still come wrapped in plastic packaging, so you need to be mindful of what you buy!
Making a difference
More Brits have been cooking at home due to COVID-19, and 89% have vowed to continue making food from scratch after restrictions are lifted.