Buy products in bulk
There are some items where it is difficult to swap to a plastic-free alternative. By choosing to buy in bulk, you can reduce the plastic-to-product ratio and use less plastic overall.
32% of the 78 million tons of plastic packaging produced annually is left to flow into our oceans.Source
- Reduces the overall plastic packaging used
- It's often cheaper to buy products like this
- Allows you to buy only the quantities you need, helping reduce food waste
- Reduces the C02 emissions in transporting individually wrapped items
- You'll need extra storage for your extra items
- Beware bulk buying that still has individually wrapped items inside!
Making a difference
According to Greenpeace, there are over 400 bulk stores worldwide today.