Build your own plastic recycling machine
Use the resources created by Precious Plastic to create your own machines to shred and recycle ocean plastic from your home, business or community location
83% of Britons say that more needs to be done to encourage recycling in the UK, with only 12% saying they think they get all the help they need to make sure their waste is reused.
- Is particularly beneficial for areas where there is a lot of waste plastic that is not being processed through traditional waste management channels
- Can be a visual and instant way to engage communities with the challenges of plastic pollution
- Can become a source of income through the recycled plastic or created products
- Involves an up-front investment in the components to build the machines, but because you are building them yourself this is at a reduced cost
- Not every type of plastic can be recycled using the Precious Plastic machines. They only recommend HDPE (#2), PP (#5), and PS (#6).
- You can only recycle plastic so many times before it loses some of its positive properties
Making a difference
Around 1,000 people, groups and organisation are working with Precious Plastic machines and knowledge around the world.