Build playgrounds using Ecobricks
An Ecobrick is a reusable building block created by packing clean and dry used plastic into a plastic bottle to a set density. Ecobricks can make modular units, furniture, and earthen gardens and structures. The Global Ecobrick Alliance promotes ecobricking as a collaboration powered technology, grounded in regenerative principles.
Only 9% of the plastic produced is actually recycled.Source
- Easy for everyone to take part
- Gives single-use plastic a second life
- Does not encourage reducing purchase and use of single-use plastic
- May not be a successful long-term building material
- Long-term will have to be disposed of
Making a difference
In Indonesia, the Earth and Ecobrick Mandala Park was built with the help of 1500 people who made Ecobricks and 300 people who physically constructed it.