Add a washing machine filter
Microfibres from clothes are increasingly being recognised as one of the biggest polluters in our local waterways. Every time you wash, they are released. Installing a filter on your washing machine can capture these tiny plastic fragments before they escape into the environment.
More than 700,000 microfibres can be released in a single load of laundry.Source
- Stops the release of 90% of microfibres in each wash
- Can be installed in different washing machine set ups
- PlanetCare take back used filters, refurbish them and recycle the captured microfibres
- Commercial filtering systems are also available
- Requires initial investment and ongoing filter purchase
- Needs installation onto current system
- The recycling of the fibres is still under development (at the moment they are safely collected)
Making a difference
PlanetCare users will stop over 500 tons of microfiber emissions from entering into the wastewater in the next 5 years.